Friday, November 14, 2003

Google--anything it can't find?

In my "private" blog, I noted the very funny story in the Onion written by a guy that said his mom had found his blog...and there are things in people's blogs that you wouldn't want your mother to read. Anyway, mentions of Google searches by nosy moms everywhere made me search my name. Besides the usual links to many work pages (and many for that other Mark Strom that appears to write and lecture about religion), there it was...a link to this very blog.

It really makes me wonder how this search engine even found the page in the first place. After publishing, it's up what, like all of 30 seconds on the Blogger Home page? Amazing technology involved in the search algorithm as well as the server implementation for this search service. I haven't used a different search engine in months.

No comments: