Saturday, February 02, 2008

BusySync 2.0 Will Sync iCal with Google Calendar

BusySync 2.0 Will Sync iCal with Google Calendar: "BusySync makes iCal work the way it ought to work right out of the box.

(Via Clippings.)


I installed BusySync a few days ago to get my calendars syncing again. I still use Entourage's calendar, but had figured out a few years ago how to get a WebDav server running on my work desktop and use it to sync an iCal calendar. Kind of convoluted, but any new addition to Entourage would use sync services to add the same event to iCal. And then, to sync my laptop calendar, I'd vpn into my work network, let the two iCals sync, and that was it.

But then the WebDav server config I had going broke after my Leopard upgrade. During the conversion to BusySync, I dumped all calendar entries into iCal from Entourage. That's when I found thousands of old entries back in 2001-2003 that never auto deleted. In fact there were only about a dozen unique entries, with hundreds to thousands each. This was obviously due to bad syncing (I suspect my Palm Tungsten); all were repeating events anyway. Once I manually deleted all of these, sync services did it's magic to sync everything between iCal and Entourage, and Busy Sync does it's thing between two Macs over the internet.

No comments: